Thursday, July 15, 2010

Tool 10

I was able to go to Panda Path where we had an introduction to the IPod and all the apps that their children were using. It was amazing to see the little 4 year olds using the IPods successfully and in a very learning way. I am looking forward to our little ones using the IPods this coming year.
Some of the apps I looked at were: the apple store apps which are very good! ABA Flash cards were good as they give the children the letter plus a real picture.I liked ABPhonics Animals Lite and the Houston Zoo apps also.
I have gone to the Apple store in the Galleria several times to "play" with the IPad which is most impressive. It's like your computer, parts of your IPhone and you IPod all in one instrument. The graphics you can pull up are tremendous. I have talked with several people who make their living with computers and they think IPads are here to stay. I guess I had better save my pennies for the 2nd generation

2 comments:

  1. I think you will find that the itouch is a very natural way for your young learners to explore and discover. It gives you possibilities to load books with pictures and audio, alphabet and number flashcards, and so much more! Enjoy and have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Judy,
    I hope you are having a great summer. I am thinking the same as you. I can't wait to play with the ipods and see what games I can teach the kiddos.
    Yuri

    ReplyDelete